I decided to try and make the awesome Turkey Meatloaf Muffins, found on BodyBuilding.com. Basically, they kind of look like glorified rissols (if you are Australian) so right away they appealed to me.
- 2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dry yellow mustard
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (finely chopped)
I didn't have all the spices listed above, but I did the best I could and mixed it up a little bit. I added some curry powder and more garlic along with some cayenne pepper.
This is quite possibly one of the grossest sensations you can experience. Mixing minced meat with your hands. Remember to take your watch and rings off because it gets everywhere..
The recipe calls for two pounds of meat but I only had one so I halved everything and hoped for the best.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
- Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
Women: 2 muffins
Men: 4 muffins
Fats: 2 grams
Carbs: 4 grams
Protein: 11 grams