Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Download Festival & my new family

Welcome back, I hear you say!

Wow.  What a week it has been?! My last day working at Lacoste was on Tuesday 11th June and since then, things have been super busy.  We went out for farewell drinks after work (of course) and that was lovely.  Saying good bye to my work colleagues was actually pretty hard.  I worked at Lacoste for 2 years and during that time, I have made some very good friends, who I now count as my London family.  It was a great farewell and I felt so special and loved!

Thursday, Michelle and I packed up and went to Download Festival 2013.  When we left London it was raining and I was really nervous about having to pitch the tent in the rain.  Usually I am a bit of a princess when it comes to looking after my things and to be honest, the thought of wading through knee deep mud was kinda stressing me out!

Funnily enough, when we arrived, the sun came out!  Perfect timing to get the tent done and out of the way.  It was super easy to put up, but that didn't stop us roping in the boys to help out as well.

Look how cute the tent was! We decided to invest in a 4 person tent, purely because it was still fairly cheap and it meant we could have a little more space.  I am stoked because the two person tents we saw were tiny.  Michelle and I don't take up much room at all, but it was nice to have breathing space.

When we had done all that we needed to do, we went to explore "The Village", which is where all the general public were camped - along with more food stalls, rides and loads of other random things.  Check out how muddy that place is. Cringe...  But still, we grabbed something to eat, a beer and continued exploring.

Friday was a great day at the Atticus Clothing tent - topped off by an epic performance by Slipknot.  Michelle and I danced and sang our hearts out with the 90,000 other people that were there.  Pretty sure this is the moment that I pulled a neck muscle.  I mean seriously, if you listen to Slipknot, you know what it's like to air swing and hit that keg during the song Duality.  Right?!

This was the epic crowd for A Day To Remember.  We decided to let some of the others go and check them out from the front, especially since we had only seen them the week before.  We still danced around, drank and managed to sell clothes at the same time.  No matter where you were standing, it was epic.

It was so nice to have a "home" to come back to after we had been out exploring or seeing bands.  I have been to so many festivals back in Sydney, I know what its like to have to just pull up a spot on the ground and chill there when you need to kill time between bands.  Well, we worked!  Not that you could call it working really.... It was way too much fun to be classed as real work.

You better believe we caught Limp Bizkit.  I felt like it was 1999 again.  I sang every song along with Fred Durst and even at one point put Michelle on my shoulders.  Ending with Break Stuff was amazing. The whole crowd went mental!  I do think one of my favorite parts of the weekend was when someone in the crowd in front of us yelled out "what are you wearing?" during a quiet part. Hilarious.  Yeah Fred, what are you wearing?

Sunday was the end of the festival.  It was such a great day and we partied and had fun till the sun came up.  We just couldn't resist.  Look how beautiful that is.

This was the aftermath from the second stage on Monday morning.  Our tent was set just off from that stage, so that meant we had to walk back through there to get our things and head towards home.  At 5am in the morning....

Well when I say home, I mean the Hilton to get a few hours sleep and enjoy a decent breakfast before catching the train back to London.  Because I am now a full time member of staff, I was allowed to stay in the staff hotel for the night. SCORE! Especially since we had been sleeping on the ground since Thursday.

You better believe I ate all of that.  Nom nom nom.

So, today is Tuesday and it has been a hard day of work.  I was supposed to get up early this morning and go for a run/get my exercise out of the way - but I was glued to the bed and just couldn't bring myself to get out.  My body feels broken, bruised and like it needs a rest.

Tuesday WOD
Run around the hilly park
10 x 10 jumps on the benches

500Kcal burnt during this 36min work out.  
I was going to go for a bit more, but I was so knackered when I got back I had to just lay on the floor and compose myself for a while.  Tomorrow I really hope to get in a good sandbag workout or similar.

This was my lovely lunch today!  A bagel with soft cheese, avocado with cracked pepper and a high protein blueberry yogurt.  So nice to be back in London having decent-ish food again.

Tomorrow I will probably make up a salad for the rest of the week and go to the store to buy some things to nibble on.  Being away for so long means our fridge is empty.

Well, here's to a new routine, new job and a new lifestyle.  Life is pretty darn good right now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment